Thursday, October 20, 2005

Good going, Mun Mun

Last Saturday I had a moving sale with Oge, JC, and Danilo at my old apartment. I put out a piece of what I thought was empty luggage TK had given me to sell. The eleven-year-old kid down the street came by to hang out with my nephew. (This neighbor kid is known for some erratic behavior incidentally.) For some reason the boys became enthralled with all the pockets in TK's bag and the neighbor kid bought it for a dollar.

As he examined the bag, he kept discovering more and more pockets. First he pulled out a lighter of TK's and forfeited it to me. How did I miss that? I was completely chagrined and started thinking about how I was going to casually mention my little error to his mom before he did. Then, he dug deeper and nearly cut himself on a razor. Beautiful. I hope no heroin or firearms turned up when he got it home.

3 comments:

Safety Neal said...

I once lost a pocket knife. I have several but I can only usually keep track of one at any given time. The lost pocket knife turned up while a deputy sherrif was searching my bag before I went into the jail to see a criminal client...Luckily they believed me that it was an accident and I didn't end up with a felony charge against me...

Mun Mun said...

At least the knife wasn't baked into a cupcake.

Joe McPuppet said...

Good thing it wasn't your pocket-carpet-cutters