Thursday, July 21, 2005

Heartfelt Public Apology for Faux Pas

You could count the number of times I've smoked a cigarette of any kind on one hand. However, I do enjoy that funny handshake where you touch thumbs and pull your hands away and smoke imaginary doobies at the end of it. The question remains: Why did I choose to do that handshake with someone who is in AA for a marijuana addiction?

Argh!!!!

Possible answers:
a) I think towards the end of a nice engagement party for TK and me, I was a little addle-brained.
b) I am a complete idiot most of the time.
c) I am a lower companion deviously trying to get people hooked on drugs.
d) I was overwhelmed by his dudeness.

Such embarrassment!

2 comments:

Safety Neal said...

I'm going with answer D. I think just instinctively knew what was going to make him most comfortable.

But do marijuana addicts go to AA or Narcotics Anonymous? Not that I think of marijuana as a narcotic really...

Mun Mun said...

I think if you have an addiction you can go to any twelve step program because the ideas are the same. So, people in, say, Overeaters Anonymous, will go to AA meetings if they prefer the group of people.