Sunday, June 13, 2004

I love orangutans. Forget that "Any Which Way But Loose" propaganda that made them look like fools. Orangutans are deep. They say orangutans are going to go extinct in the next fifteen years or so. Part of the problem, besides environmental destruction, is that females only can have about four babies in a lifetime. If there are any secret experiments to make test tube orangutans and implant them in human surrogates to carry in order to add to the population, I might like to volunteer. The only problem is I would probably be followed around by the National Enquirer and called the Monkey Woman. But maybe if enough people did it, I would just be a drop in the bucket and go unnoticed. Also, even if the mechanics could work, would a female in the wild be willing to adopt? And would I be able to give up the baby? Maybe it could live here in the trees at Rancho Park.

No comments: