Monday, March 22, 2004

Hurrah, we're all free now

I always leave my screen door propped wide open so my cats can come in and out easily. The other day a hummingbird didn't see the screen and flew right into it. Its beak got stuck in the mesh. I sheltered it from the cats who were too stunned to pounce right away. It freed itself after a second and flew away. I'm embarrassed to say I found its predicament a little amusing. It looked like a something out of a cartoon. That's schadenfreude for you.

Have you ever been watching what you think is Frontline on PBS and the show has the same serious narrator with the chilling voice as Frontline and everything seems like Frontline only at the end it turns out you've been watching Nova? Then, you think, oh, yeah, it's Tuesday night this is Nova. But why did it seem like Frontline? Why don't they just call it Frontline instead of pretending it's Nova?

It's weird now that I have comments on my blog, my rhetorical questions aren't really rhetorical anymore. On the other hand, nobody answers the questions or reads this blog, so I guess they are still rhetorical.

No comments: