Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Milo

Did you have a nice time running around in the crazy darkness?

It's such hard work not caring about anyone
So, what a relief for you to be so dear to me
out of all the angels ever bred

At night if I can't be alone,
a sentry watches over the museum in my head
I'm not sure if he's protecting my dreams or just my skull,
but no amount of safety glass, or prescription drugs can turn him off
He's why I never get any sleep at a slumber party
He might be why I wither around attractive men
But he's gotten used to you being close
even though it took a while

If I can't be a worldly success at anything else
at least there's this:

I have a cat loaf
I have an Australia
I believe I've reached a new level of disgust with my own filth

Occasionally I have gentle, angry humans
We're people that for some reason don't seem that special
Sometimes we touch each other like algae floating in the ocean
That's all

No comments: