Friday, June 20, 2003

Antidepressant Cocktail

Prozac didn't do the trick
but kept the bottom from falling out I guess
Zoloft made me a robot
Started reading Business Week and couldn't feel
Wellbutrin made me stutter
though my psychiatrist doesn't quite believe me
(it's not on the list of possible side effects)
Like Sees old-time-candies
Desipramine made me hop out of bed
but needed a little more oomph
Dexedrine like a quick cup of coffee
but the kick doesn't last, sustained release or no sustained release
New fangled Celexa and Lexepro
made me too sedate
and cry all the time anyway, what's the point?
Somewhere along the line
Concerta,Serzone, and Buspar,
most chilled my libido along with the ruminations
Ambien, always a delight

Now it's back to Prozac plus a smidgen of three others
The dreams I'm having!
I don't want to wake up
and I feel like killing everybody at the office
Our clients are Bristol Meyers, Eli Lilly, and the rest
They're relying on us to complete their dysphoria research
People say that living well is the best revenge,
but I can't seem to do that
I can get an “A” on any test, but an “F” in life
What will be my vengeance then?