Friday, March 16, 2007

Trails

A favorite new hangout of TK and me is Trails Cafe in Griffith Park. I went there last Wednesday when I got out unexpectedly early from a CPR and defibrillator class I was taking for work. On the way up there were two coyotes brazenly walking around in broad daylight, unbeknownst to two sunbathers a few yards away.

After a delightful ice coffee at Trails, I decided to take a little hike up a trail I had not been on before. I noticed a lot of men hanging around solo that gave me the creeps. On one nook of the trail there was a guy lurking behind a tree smoking when I walked up and on the way back.

I found out later some of the Griffith Park trails are gay cruising areas. Someone I know has actually come upon people having sex on one of these trails that was littered with amyl nitrate poppers. As long as nobody's going to pounce on a female, I guess I don't care. It's a weird vibe though. It reminded me of walking around red light areas of Amsterdam and seeing creepy men on the prowl.

No comments: