Wednesday, October 20, 2004

So, a friend from school invites me to a history-of-science lecture and free dinner at the faculty club because an archivist at the Biomed library invited him. The archivist has a display at the club with books about malaria from two hundred years ago or whatever.

So, the first thing we do is get our name tags and slap them on our jackets. We go over to the display of books and what happens? Somehow my name tag falls off my jacket and flutters sticky side down on top of some ancient manuscript. Holy fucking christ! The thing has my name on it for all to see! There is this skinny piece of plastic keeping the book open to a certain page. Thank god, the sticker landed just right on the plastic, so I was able to remove it without ripping the page. The archivist was eyeing me from across the room wondering what the hell I was doing with my fingers in the book. I 'fessed up later. Oy vey.

No comments: