Friday, February 20, 2004

Grad school is really cutting into my reality TV viewing. However, I did catch The Apprentice this week. After years of reading Spy Magazine's monthly trashing of Donald Trump, my attitude towards the guy was pretty negative.

Around 1989 or 1990 I had the most delightful experience ice skating at the outdoor Wollman Rink in Central Park. Instrumental George Gershwin music was playing and the skates had great ankle support (unlike the crappy 50 year old skates they rent in Culver City.) It turns out it was Donald Trump who restored the rink sometime in the 80's and runs it. It is now my (barely informed) opinion that Donald Trump is the Bomb. I also like how he doesn't accept rudeness on that TV show. I still think Trump Tower looks like one of Saddam Hussein's tacky palaces with all that pink marble. Oh, well. You can't win 'em all.

No comments: