Friday, October 03, 2003

You know how if you donate money to the ASPCA or the Human Society, they send you further solicitations that include things like personalized note cards and return address labels? I dreamed I got a wrinkled letter from the Kabul Zoo thanking me for my donation and it included kitten-themed wrapping paper, but it was really crappy quality, thin paper.(It reminded me of the icky periodicals from Pakistan we used to get at the library printed on some weird, gritty, insecticide-sprayed paper. I guess they don't have nice redwoods to chop down and make paper with like we do.) In reality I never donated anything to the Kabul Zoo, so now maybe I should.

Speaking of decimated zoos in countries the U.S. has invaded lately, I can't believe my tax dollars are probably going to the medical care of that idiot soldier who stuck his arm in the tiger cage at the Baghdad zoo. The news story said they shot the tiger. Too bad it only got the guy's finger. Can you say "dishonorable discharge"?

I also dreamed the other night that there really was a colorful insect called the Lovebug. Its wings had the texture of pipe-cleaners. It was like the quetzal-quatl of bugs. I've always felt cockroaches would be a lot more tolerable if they were rainbow colored. Darla Hood says, "The Lovebug will get you if you don't watch out." I'm not sure I believe her.

No comments: