Sunday, May 11, 2003

Let the identity thieves come
Take my detritus
my penchant for snacking
my stuffy nose
My size 9 feet with hairy toes
My hyper-mobile spine and arthritis
My inability to return unwanted merchandise
My fear of calling the landlady
My poor circulation
The ease with which I become overstimulated
My need to please
My problematic mix of flipflopping gullibility and deep mistrust
My insecure physicality
My cluelessness at flirting
My stupid dedication to slaving away at work
My loose lips

Maybe I'll shred my deliberation receipts
and my confrontation card applications
so they can't assume my grooving accounts
So they can leave me the mothering of noisy cats,dogs,and guinea pigs
the aunting of good-hearted children
the capability for rational thought
the sometimes guts
the powerful humping
the mobilizing anger
and the tearful, last goodbyes

No comments: